Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Orbit of Mercury: Two Stories for 99₵


Now available for Kindle and Nook!

The Earth is a toxic wasteland, but elsewhere in the solar system humanity struggles on.

“The Orbit of Mercury” - The common cat is almost extinct and their survival may hinge on one sickly member of the species living long enough to breed. But how do you get an ornery, uncooperative feline to take his medicine – in zero g?

“The Transit of Venus” – Growing up on the moon, a young girl named Venera has lived her whole life in the shadow of death and loss. On the eve of her proudest accomplishment, will she suffer one final loss that even she cannot bear?

***

I uploaded these stories as part of a "DIY: Create Your Own Ebook" demonstration for the Hoover Library's Write Club back in September. The Kindle version has actually been online for a while, but there was some kind of server hang-up with my BN account that kept the Nook version tied up in limbo until now. And I love my Nook, so I didn't want to promote this until it was available in both formats.

Anyway, in case I'm being too subtle, go buy your copy today! It's only 99₵ for crying out loud.

Shameless Publicity Roundup:

Two rather nice reviews that mention The Unwinding House have appeared online, one at SFRevu and the other at Locus. Also, I did interviews on my involvement with National Novel Writing Month for Magic City Post and a local Birmingham publishing blog called {head}:sub/head. Follow the links and show them some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment