Monday, October 10, 2011

Welcome, NaNoWriMos!

The annual month of noveling is nigh. If you cruise on over to the NaNoWriMo website, look me up under my nom de guerre, Tycho Brahe. This year the plan is to finish the first draft of The Ghost Cauldron, book three of the Majadan trilogy. I did the first half last year and made it across the 50,000 word finish line, then the chaos of my day job intruded and I never went any further. But hey, at least I don't have to worry about what to write this year. For next year I've got several ideas lined up. I'll just have to see which one strikes my fancy.

Anyway, since I'm also serving as Birmingham's municipal liaison, I'm going to be spending all my Internet time cruising the discussion boards and monitoring the Birmingham forum, so there won't be much updating of ye olde blog. However, since the stats show that I get a lot of traffic on this site during NaNoWriMo, I'll post a little present to help all you visiting WriMos procrastinate - a free story!

Also: Check out an excellent review of Dreams of Steam II over at The Horror Zine.

No comments:

Post a Comment