Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Self-Imposed Deadline

Stalled out on The Blood Prayer for the moment, and it's been too long since I created something new. Therefore, since I apparently can't work without a deadline, I'm going to dive into the oil rig story that's been bubbling in my subconscious since early March. It's called The Century War, and I've got a preliminary scene list worked out and some leftover bits from my first (aborted) stab at it from before the summer.

Randy Ingermanson suggests that when setting measurable mileposts for yourself, you should reward yourself for meeting them and/or punish yourself if you don't (even a small, token fine of $5.00) In that vein--

Deadline for the first draft: September 30.
Upon completion on (or prior to) that date, I will order a Funky Q Chicken pizza from Mellow Mushroom.
Upon failure to meet the deadline, I will forego all soft drinks for a week.

I feel more motivated already.

No comments:

Post a Comment