Saturday, September 5, 2009

Going Into Surgery


Last month I got an editorial response to my short story "Rougarou" with requests for revisions. (Which surprised me, since I expected an outright rejection.) While helpful in general, the editor's comments weren't much on specifics. They just highlighted my strengths and weaknesses, with a very nice request to address those issues and resubmit by Sep. 15.

Yes, I've been procrastinating, and now it's time for that story to go under the knife. Step one: a total dissection. Step two: reassembly and reanimation. We'll just have to see if it starts breathing again once I hook up the electrodes to its nipples and yell "Clear!" Otherwise, I'll just have to hose off the table and bury all the bloody bits in the backyard.

Wish me luck!

(Apologies to Bill Everett - the above image is from Sub-Mariner #35, Aug. 1954.)

No comments:

Post a Comment